Careers at Willogy
Willogy is looking for talented and passionate engineering-minded people to contribute to our growth
Please read through the job description carefully and thoroughly. This is also our quick orientation for you. It's great to make sure you are interested in the work before taking this opportunity. We are writing this purposely to the people we expect to be our future members. Thank you so much!
We are a team of deep-tech, advanced-skill experts including researchers & engineers solving mission-critical problems by using Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Robotics.
Rooted in academia with R&D advantages to pioneer in inventing and developing algorithms, machine learning models, scientific-to-business-proven-technology-based solutions, and production products in the cognitive humanoid field, we are a bridge between academia and industry in AI & Robotics.
Our team has immersed in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Signal Processing, and Big Data Analysis using Cutting-edge technologies (i.e Deep Learning) since the dawn of Deep Learning in 2012.
Willogy is an ambitious AI & Robotics start-up. Willogy is even younger than the Covid-19.
As a team of open-minded millennials, we are allergic to burdensome, process-heavy and political issues as we experience commonly in big corps.
Having experienced as Head of Engineering and Head of AI in Silicon Valley and Singapore-based tech start-ups with more than 10 milions dollars fund raised, we see ourselves only feel most comfortable with the dynamic, die-hard, automonous, creative working environment which is ultimately-optimized for productivity, innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness (a.k.a "piee")
- We value people over process
- We value commitment and responsibility over Swiss-made clock for time-tracking policy and baby-sitting which are all ridiculous to us
- We do not expect to see you physically do the work but rather your work delivery as committed
- We do not jail ourselves with 4 whitey-walls surrounded but rather work from anywhere such as Starbucks, Phuc Long, parks, Da Lat, Singapore Marina Bay as long as we find it most "piee"
Work & Responsibilities
- Learning is commonly not a responsibility but willingness somewhere else. However, here, we think its your responsibility to learn as much as possible, as quick as possible and as efficient as possible to grow up yourself to make up with the work challenges. You will learn almost everything
- Work directly with AI research team to package Machine Learning models into services
- Build and improve our product from end-to-end: from system design, back-end implementation to the client side (e.g Front-end)
- Beside building company products, you will also work with customers to customize our solutions or do the tailored-built for them
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of engineers, researchers, designers, and operations folks
- Build and maintain our applications, libraries and open-source
- Write clean, maintainable, extensible code following the engineering best practices
- Start-up is hard and messy. We do not settle ourselves in one fixed responsibility but wear multiple hats instead. You might be learning and building server side, web applications, embedded applications (Jetson Nano, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
Attitude & Abilities
- Knowledge can be learnt. We expect you have good and professional attitude and ability to learn. Moreover, it is required you to have the ability to think critically, strategically and practically
- It is important for you to have experimental, experiencing and hands-on mindset to solve problems and deliver the good work without handholding (or little)
- Good communication in English and your nativeness. We mean both in verbal and written. You will be writing a lot like us writing this job description to you
- Teamwork is critical to us. We expect you to have a metality of respecting your teammate, avoid being a roadblock and deliver your commitment
- Ability to calm-down and focus even you are in the multi-task and hacky mode
- And the last, also the most important one "the abliity to develop your abilities" - "the attitude to better your attitude"
Qualification & Requirements
- At least B.Sc in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field/degree, and/or equivalent work experience
- Solid and strong in Computer Science knowledge especially in database, networking, operating system, data structure and algorithms
- Solid understanding Object-Oriented Programming. When writing code, we use mix of programming paradigms but OOP is a basic requirement.
- Basic knowledge in C/C++. At least you should know how the memory allocation works, and know how to use C compilers
- Familiar with at least 1 server side programming language (Ruby/Python/Go/Elixir)
- Be comfortable using Unix/Linux-based operating system and able to customize your own development environment
Gain & Benefits
- We are a start-up. What we are confident the most to offer you is nothing more than a dynamic and chaotics environment to learn and grow. For the other things, we are not confident to be comparable to big corps.
- A good enough financial support
- High and attractive commission
- Excellent Performance bonus
- Your own room to explore, propose and decide your ambition and achievement
- Opportunity to work closely with the leadership team to learn from their experience and mindset
- Anything else you think it is good for you and your future, talk directly to the CEO
How to Apply
Please prepare your profile carefully. We accept everything from your academic transcript to achievements, showcases, social activities, cover letter, etc to prove one statement "you are a good fit for this opportunity"
Please then send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Business Development Intern Application" and the body is up to you.
If you have any questions, curious about our unconventional team or even just want to say hi, feel free to drop us an email to email@example.com with anything you feel comfortable.